Girls with a small waist usually have some doubts about setting up their wardrobe. Many times due to ignorance and other times because they force themselves to use pieces that catch their attention.
It is very common for girls to succumb to trends without evaluating whether they favor them or not.
Often, the clothing that is sought is the one that makes us feel best about ourselves. Not only do you want a garment to be comfortable but also to make you look great and fashionable.
Now, for this to work perfectly, it is necessary to know well our body’s characteristics are.
How do I know if I have a small waist?
To begin with, you should stand in front of the mirror (without clothes) and observe how the curvatures on the sides of your trunk are:
- Are they slightly pronounced?
- Is the line drawn between shoulders and hips subtle?
- When you put on a piece of clothing, how is the fall? If it is straight, linear, and very little is marked, we most likely have a rectangular body type with a small waist.
This typology is characterized by having a very slight differentiation. The shoulders and hips are perfectly aligned; they are the same width.
For this reason, it is necessary to know the cuts, prints and accessories that are most favorable. The goal is to create the illusion of more pronounced curves.
What should I avoid if I have a small waist?
Something needs to be clarified: having a small waist is not synonymous with always looking for the maximum fit.
Often, attempts are made to better define the silhouette with belts and tight clothing, but the result is usually not the most flattering.
So pay attention to the details that you should avoid to look flawless.
- Avoid extremes (especially in the upper part of your trunk): do not wear too tight or too loose clothes because they will make you look shapeless and accentuate that you have a small waist.
- You don’t always have to wear a thick belt to define your waist: you can achieve the same effect with a thin belt and even without a belt at all. You would have to put the blouse inside your pants.
- Another way to take advantage of the belts is to opt for loose and have a certain fall.
- Avoid high-cut pants: instead, go for low-rise pants, cut at the hips. The idea is to take advantage of those fabrics that have a soft fall, such as cotton or linen, among other fabrics.
- Always try to maintain a balance between the upper part of your body and the lower part: you should avoid prints on both parts of the body and use too many accessories on the upper part.
- Avoid flat shoes because they will make you look wide and boxy.
- Be careful with vertical lines because they make the silhouette fuzzy and straight.
Garment Selection Tips
- Look for wrap tops. These will help accentuate your bust, thereby creating the illusion of a more pronounced waist.
- Empire cut dresses, that is, without sleeves or straps, will be your great allies. And you can use them in both their unicolor and mixed presentation (unicolor above and patterned below). It should be noted that if the dress has some design, make sure it is arranged horizontally.
- Knee-length pencil or tube skirts. In general, skirts above the knee will help you lengthen your legs. Thus, you can divert attention from the waist.
- Bet on the heels that are most comfortable for you (they do not have to be excessively high) since the height will help you create a greater visual balance in general.
- The tops that flatter you the most are those with V-necks.
- Take advantage of garments with necklines that help you highlight your bust.
- Jackets with a bit of padding will help make your waist look smaller. This will create the illusion of a more pronounced curve.
Now that you know the tricks to select your clothes well, you have no excuse not to take advantage of them. Dare to get the most out of your body! You will earn points day by day in your well-being while remaining fashionable.
Remember that the purpose of knowing these tricks is not to limit you but to show you the most flattering options for you. After all, if you ever want to break a rule, the most important thing is that you feel comfortable with yourself.